High Risk Abatement Worker Training Course
This course is an extension of the Moderate Risk Abatement Worker course and is designed for workers involved in large-scale hazardous materials abatement.The focus of this course is the safe handling and removal of friable asbestos building materials and high-level lead based paints or coatings according to WorkSafeBC regulations.
Regular Price: $900 +GST
Early-bird Price (register 14 days prior to class): $775 +GST
Course Name: High Risk Abatement Worker Training Course
Location: Suite 407, 604 Columbia Street, New Westminster, BC
Duration: 2 days (08:30-16:30)
Mandatory Pre-requisite: Moderate Risk Abatement Worker Training Course
This course is an extension of the Moderate Risk Abatement Worker course and is designed for workers involved in large-scale hazardous materials abatement. The focus of this course is the safe handling and removal of friable asbestos building materials and high-level lead based paints or coatings according to WorkSafeBC regulations. As part of the course mockup workshop, participants will construct an air-tight negative air pressure enclosure and conduct abatement work following high-risk procedures.
Major Topics discussed:
- Layout and Design of Abatement Enclosures
- Worker decontamination system and layout
- Personal Protection Equipment & PAPR respirators.
- Project monitor requirements for High Risk work activities;
- Equipment, Material, and Tools
- Waste packaging, handling and transfer
- Final Inspection and Post-Abatement requirements
Continuing Professional Development Credits:
- 14.0 CPD (Informal) hours by the BC Housing Licensed Builder Program
- This event contains 14 technical hours and may be eligible for BCRSP CPD points. See the BCRSP website at www.bcrsp.ca for CPD point criteria
February 21-22, 2023
Terms & Conditions
- Our Cancellation policy
- Courses are subject to cancellation, and course dates and locations are subject to change
- R.J. & Associates reserves the right to cancel this course or to substitute instructors as necessary. If the event is cancelled for any reason, [R.J.&A.] assumes liability limited to a refund of the registration fee paid only.